Today I have an unboxing and review of the Fae Lands box from Meraki Candles! Meraki Candles is an Etsy store from Edinburgh which makes bookish and fandom candles. When I saw that their September box was going to be Fae (and Sarah J Maas) themed I couldn’t resist. I love supporting other Scots in the bookish community. If you want to check out their store you can find it here!
The box cost me £17.99 and the shipping was only £3.50. However, the Meraki Candle reps over on bookstagram all have a 10% off code you can use, so in total it was only £19.69 which I think is pretty great for four candles and fandom items! The box arrived within a few days of shipping, probably because Glasgow and Edinburgh are very close. So to summarise, great value for money and great delivery time!
Inside the September Fae Lands box we got four exclusive candles, two were Throne of Glass themed and the other two A Court of Thorns and Roses themed:
- Velaris – This candle smells like jasmine, sea and freesia (like a certain High Lord we all know and love.) This candle is definitely my favourite from the box, the scent of jasmine is really growing on me as I buy ACOMAF merch!
- Lysandra – This smells like caramel figs and chestnut! I had to smell this a few times to decide what I thought of it, but I really love the caramel. So this is my 2nd favourite from the box.
- Prythian – This candle smells like evergreen and musk, exactly what I expected Prythian and the Spring Court to smell like. It’s quite a fresh scent but not one I would burn in my room, I think its more of a hall or dining room smell (I hope this makes sense to anyone who isn’t me…).
- Ferian Gap – This final candle smells like citrus and cloves and unfortunately I really don’t like it. I like sweet scents so I think the cloves just aren’t my thing. However it is a great colour so I’ll still burn it to use in pictures.
I think that, considering we don’t know what any of scents will be in these monthly boxes, the fact that I love 3 out of 4 of them is great (especially since I can be a little picky with scents). Although I don’t like Ferian Gap, the scent really fits the name so I don’t mind!
- An exclusive necklace with one of my favourite quotes from A Court of Mist and Fury: “To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered.” This necklace is so beautiful and I can’t wait to wear it!
- A Fireheart pocket mirror is the second item. I honestly never really use pocket mirrors but I don’t mind receiving them as they can look good in bookstagram pictures. I love that we got a Throne of Glass item and an ACOMAF item!
- The final item was a bookmark designed by Callaidh from DinoMyteArt over on Instagram. It looks absolutely gorgeous and you can never have too many bookmarks.
So despite me not loving one of the candles, I absolutely loved the Fae Lands box and I am so glad that I bought it! It’s the perfect box for any Sarah J Maas fan. I have ordered their October box which is the Villainous box (which is out of stock now), and I can’t wait to see what it includes.
If you missed out on the Fae Lands box, don’t worry. Meraki Candles have lots of Sarah J Maas themed bookish candles over on their Etsy shop!
I hope you enjoyed my unboxing and review, I can definitely see me buying their boxes a lot in the future! I don’t buy many subscription boxes, but at only £19.69 I definitely can’t resist this one.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought of this post, or let me know what your favourite subscription boxes are! Thank you for reading.